Retail Food Stores
WIC Vendors in New York State
- Demonstrate eWIC Readiness
- Hold a current and valid Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) authorization
- Meet Minimum Stock Requirements through an in-store vendor monitoring
- Demonstrate prices charged for WIC allowable foods are reasonable
- Attend vendor training
- Demonstrate reasonable hours of operation – the store is open at least 6 days per week, 8 hours per day
- Pass a business integrity review
The New York State WIC Program will not contract with a vendor that has been disqualified from a USDA, Food and Nutrition Services program during the last 6 years or if any of the vendor applicant’s current owners, officers or managers have civil judgment entered against them for, or have been convicted of any activity indicating a lack of business integrity.
If you have any questions on the above authorization criteria, reach out to the Vendor Management Agency in county the applicant store is located.
Request for NYS WIC Application