Retail Food Stores
WIC Vendors in New York State
- Demonstrate eWIC Readiness
- Hold a current and valid Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) authorization
- Meet Minimum Stock Requirements through an in-store vendor monitoring
- Demonstrate prices charged for WIC allowable foods are reasonable
- Attend vendor training
- Demonstrate reasonable hours of operation – the store is open at least 6 days per week, 8 hours per day
- Pass a business integrity review
The New York State WIC Program will not contract with a vendor that has been disqualified from a USDA, Food and Nutrition Services program during the last 6 years or if any of the vendor applicant’s current owners, officers or managers have civil judgment entered against them for, or have been convicted of any activity indicating a lack of business integrity.
If you have any questions on the above authorization criteria, reach out to the Vendor Management Agency in county the applicant store is located.